Friday, January 7

If it was really God

as I wrote this this morn, I sense a sense of urgency of times. There were a lot of casualties in the tsunami hitting islands around Indian Ocean and I believe we in Singapore could have been one of them.

I duno if it was God but I know for sure that God really spared us in Singapore if it was Him. Nobody knows how great the casualty is until we see it face to face.

I thank God that a lot of things happened since 2002 for my life. I think it is always me in the picture and not others. God showed me how blessed I am, with my life, my family, my health, etc etc.

I thank God too for finally helping me to overcome my feeling of insecurity and low esteem (which crept in in the recent years), also the heart of ingratitude, impatience, incommitment and feelings of running away from situations which I cannot get answers.

Finally I also realise that I only cannot save the world, cannot change a lot of things, especially my family's salvation. I too cannot comprehend why certain things happen and not trying too hard to get things done my way.

Perhaps the tsunami was a bad thing that happened, but it also woke a lot of us up, especially those who are christians.

For those who do not understand why there is pain and suffering, etc....there is a series of books by Philip Yancey, non-intimidating and helping many to come to know who Christ is, why there is wars and suffering, I believe natural disasters included.

Christians: Arise for the Lord!

No comments: