(7th day after 'resurrecting' my Blog)
(new style of writing, new joy, new freedom, new insights)
Date: 24 May 2007
today is one of the days i really feel i want to sleep at home (haha, it happened quite frequently recently) and not go to work
anyways, i went
so i visited the buildings and tenants (customers) which i am in-charge of.......
and had yummy lunch wif a fren who started her new job.... ...
Here it comes, the highlight of the day !
!!
I was very tired after going to the last building and on my way home.
In a cab.
Haa, did not feel like talking at all........ however, the taxi driver started a conversation. He said....... talked...... he 'conveniently' kept the conversation going !
***
Then he suddenly asked me, " Xiao-Jie, why are you so happy ? You seem so happy ! "
(note, I was not happy at all, just relieved to be on my way home, after finishing the day's work)
Life is filled with uncertainties for me during this period and recently, I don't seem to know my 'anchor-point'. Somewhat "finding myself"; lost. Lots to learn at work, lots to think about, quarrelled wif mum..... mourning over "loss"; eating too much....spending too much.... Ha.
Instantly, I felt it must have been God. Else, why would he think I am happy ? Some angelic facial expression on me ?
So I just replied, " 'coz I know God ! Uncle, have you been to church ? "
Then he cheerfully said, "No. Where is your church ?"
Ah-ha.
I think I can share more. So I told him where my church is......what is the timing of our church services and etc.
Then he asked me how to go church, when taxi-driver like him need to earn a living ...
Without hesitation, I actually replied, 2hours...say two long trips.... e.g. frm. Jurong to Changi and back, would be $30++ ....sure he can earn it back and it is definite !
Then he said again, "Xiao-Jie, ni hao xiang hen kai xin...."
And the radio channel which he tuned in happened to talk abt women, their relationship wif husbands when they get married...etc.
Conversation continued...talked abt keeping a relationship intact (i think he is 50+) n married wif wife n kids (just talkative) ...talked abt maintaining a youthful look, his research into how artistes maintain the look.
So he said, okay, what do we do in church ? he doesn't know anybody.....
I said that it's okay, I also dunno anybody when I first went. If he wants to go, I would accompany him, bring my fren along, and he can bring his fren along.
Etc etc...
Then we talked about earning a livelihood, Singapore, studying, salary, job....etc.
Ha.
Praying he would call me this Saturday and go to church. He is a happy-go-lucky man who is seeking for God.
Akan Datang !
Friday, May 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment