Tis morning, spoke to my mama. (miss my mama, thk God I am up earlier & hv time...she is the person i hv least time wif nowadays)
Some points of the conversation :
moi : (she loves to read the newsapaper) Mum, how's the case abt the lady who drove off 6th level of a building ?
mama: go read yest.'s newapapers ...la !
moi : Ok...how abt the "mini tornado" yest. ? Do you know what it's about ? (ha, trying to have more conversation)
mama: Yup. Then she ratters off about the week (which usu. is the case after some time, =0) So glad to hear from her, it's the most enjoyable thing nowadays as I do not want her to think I am neglecting her).
mama: Have your Coy increased ur pay after confirmation ?
moi : No.....I am confirmed but my manager is very busy and thus the processing and reply is coming slow.
mama: Maybe you can tell them the starting pay now for grads is good, abt $2,500.
moi : Good to ask for increase in pay but since I hv asked them recently, just wait, they will reply.
moi : Why do you suddenly ask that ?
mama: You don't seem to like your job....... How abt trying out being a tour guide ? Do something that you like !
moi : (Ha, thot to myself - finally we are conversing and she understands what I am good in/enjoying doing... which was what I had been thinkin' abt) Mum, I know, yes I like talking to pple. Whether it's being a tour guide or PR or to switch to the hospitality industry, I would be happier. But, I just changed job...
{ continued... } Maybe I would try on a bit further. Actually my fren in One-A***** has a vacancy, I had wanted to try. Now that I am in this job, learning stuff as well, it is an experience.
mama: You dislike your job, betta move on la.
moi : I always tot I shd be like Papa and you, endure, endure and endure. You hv taught me not to be a lazy bum....... Ha, I am in the real estate line to learn stuff and learn from others. Recently, I even thot of taking up accounting course so as to revise/pick up skill in it and help you one day (weird tot, never had).
mama: Well, parents do not wish to see their children suffer.
moi : Thanks mum. I just wanted to see how long I can last. And there is a few tasks I have started on, maybe it's better for me to see it onto completion (tho' I really am thinking what shd I do...) ?
For this one yr, as I am roped into the Coy's social committee, there's few tasks I shd do. Mum, I also learnt how to be humble and listen to instructions from my managers (moulding patience and respecting authority more) .......It is in my plans to move on/switch industry and do what I like/good in eventually, ......(my usual style - plan in advance).
{hmm, maybe I shd meet my fren's boss and see if she can share more abt the job scope and Coy's direction}
***************************************************************
It was a very good chat though short. Mum went off to do her weekly stuff and clea****** routine.......
THANK GOD IT'S SAT.!
Saturday, May 26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment