Saturday, October 21

daNce.......G.U.I.Dance God, You and I Dance

dear all sisters,

would like to share something which i hv always wanted to share, but i myself have yet to want to learn it (as in the other area of my life)/ master it, and thus i delayed in sharing.

anyway, as for dance, i can share here first, that indeed patience pays off. And in the "making/ boiling of patience", the ingredients are endurance, faith and being committed. The outcome is JOY.
=0)
it is my journey being a TouchDance member, and a worshipper/dancer for God in FCBC.
Along the way, i thk God for the many leaders. Though I do not click with everybody, nor feel 'appreciated/ accepted' by everybody, i learn that God indeed places angels in our paths.
I hv found great joy in being under the 'wings' of Poh Yen, and dear sisters Sarah (now our leader) and Valerie.

In the beginning, I truly was having a tough time in the TouchDance. It is not easy, esp. when they are many better and learning faster than me. Perhaps, you see the present Esther, but to be honest, I went thru' very down periods of not catching the steps/ not being able to remember the steps/ feeling drained emotionally as a part of TouchDance and also other tough instances /periods as a child of God.

It is even tougher as a dancer in TouchDance, in FCBC, as we have to really watch ourselves, for me, to know that I am not a performer, not to dance for personal fame/ glory.

I joined TD in year 2003 (as far as i can rem). Though I was one of the few recruits tat yr, I was really slow. And, not confident. Also, I don't like to stand in the front as I felt it only made me 'look more stupid'.......
Sometimes i try very hard and still 'cannot make it'. Thks be to God for angels (again) like Poh Yen, Sarah, and etc. It is their warm welcome and smiles that kept me going. Also, God kept reminding me, persevere, I love to dance, God can help me to learn to worship Him via dance.

Not to say I am not without 'bad thots' --- when I asked God for opportunities to dance on stage for the 'beauty', for the 'fun' and the 'joy of performing'. I once struggled so much that I thought - jia lat, I have no heart of worship.
Be it which came first, I thk God, for He is the One who purifies. Thks be to God for His intervention, that I was not really on stage / scheduled to dance on stage due to what was going on in my personal journey as a child of God. Truly the platform is like the altar stated in the olden days, nothing but the best of God and truly as a worship and sacrifice of praise. Continuing to learn it and learning it with God's grace & mercies.

Just a last word of encouragement --- never lose the joy of being a worshipper. Do NOT give up. Keep practising. Be a regular. Continual practice contributes to the eventual success. Indeed one moment on stage is becoz of many practices and hard work.

Perhaps physically (line-work) I also was not up to standard, thus I do not look nice as a dancer. Thus, do try to catch from the seniors, esp. Cassandra and Jiayi, the line-work, learn from Sarah and Valerie the energy and passion, learn from Poh Yen the heart and joy.
God will bless each of us and multiply each of us !

As our TD leader Kelvin once shared ---- there might be star dancers, those who propel or go straight into the limelight; there might also be the weaker/ not so strong foundationally (like me) ....but each has to continue to work hard.

God has a heart for all of us. And we are called into TD not for nothing.
I have found God even deeper as a member of TD and really blessed by my leaders and sisters, all of u. Esp. Christina to mention, recently, angel sent by God in His mercy.

I say this with certainty----God grants anointing after you hv been "persevering, faithful and committed". There is no time frame. He can anoint anyone immed.

God bless !

No comments: