new finding !
This book talks the lingo we know in our lostness, bewilderment and search for ans. I was stuck, coz the first two chapters are ridiculous. but come to 3rd and 4th chapters, they struck a mysteriously real chord in me.
If you are walking somewhat lost in the world -- even as a christian, saying something like " I am a small, small girl in a big, big world...." ; perhaps " my heart is losing faith " or even something like " I am hanging on, God, I am hanging on - why is it.......".
Or simply NOT satisfied by the canned answers you get from the sermons/ christian frens....dunno why....
The title of the book : "The Sacred Romance"
co-authored by 2 men, Brent Curtis & John Eldredge.
Not whimpy, not moaning, not (just) about quoting bible verses....
explosive but revealing. The irony; the extreme pulls from God and "real life" aka ......
There are inserts of examples fr movies and Shakesphere....
refreshing.
Tuesday, October 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment